Friday, March 9, 2012

How to download sims 3 mods?

Ok I've tried YouTube videos to teach myself (not worth the time) then I used isleys guide and then the mod the sims one on the website to figure it out but it never works so Ima post wht I did and someone tell me wht I did wrong.



1 downloaded 7 zip

2 made mod and packages folder

3 downloaded resource.cfg

4 saved it in mod folder

5 downloaded nointro

6 extracted files and deleted zip file

7 put files into packages folder

8 tried to play game but the thing didn't install or work



I've done these steps like a million times can someone plz tell me wht I did wrong literally I've torrentrd easier than this unfortunantly I can't torrent mods. Also plz no more guides just tell me wht I did wrong.How to download sims 3 mods?
I can't see what you've done wrong here - from what you've said you've done everything exactly right!



The file doesn't 'install' - the only way you can see if it's worked is to run the game and check. The nointro mod is just a quick way to test to see if the set up is working, since you can see straight away if your game skips the intro videos.



In step numbers 6 and 7 you say you extracted 'files' from the zip file - the only file that needs to go in the packages folder is the actual .package file (I know I'm really picking apart what you've said here but I'm just trying to understand why on earth it's not working for you!)



Are your mods and packages folders in the right place? They need to be made in your root folder under 'documents' (your full file location should be Documents%26gt; Electronic Arts%26gt; The Sims 3%26gt; Mods%26gt; Packages) - sometimes people make a mistake here by making their new folders in their sims folder in the program files section instead of in the documents library.



Some other things that may cause problems:

Is your game patched to version 1.12 or later? If you haven't updated past 1.12 then you'll have to update for this to work.

Make sure your folder names are exactly like this - "Mods" and "Packages"

Try deleting your cache files - instructions on how to do this can be found here: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game鈥?/a>



If you've done all of this, and followed the tutorials exactly, then your content should be working. If it still isn't, then you should post in the modthesims help forums to have the staff take a look at your set up to see if they can spot what's going wrong.



Follow this link ( http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game鈥?/a> ) and towards the bottom you'll see a section called "Step 3 - Collect information for help" - get everything you need then follow the link in step 4 to post in the forum (you may need to make an account first)



Hope you can get it working! :)How to download sims 3 mods?
Is the nointro mod a package file?

No comments:

Post a Comment