Friday, March 9, 2012

SIMS 3; Mods and custom content help?

I've posted two questions about this and they helped so much! But the only thing is I don't think i'm putting the recource thingy in the right folders and things. I went on youtube and searched for help but nothing made sense. I have a toshiba laptop on windows xp and all the tutorials I was watching were MAC and stuff, So it's all different settings. Can someone comment a GOOD link for a video that would make sense with the whole process? I'm not 100% sure WHERE to put the mods and packages folder. Could someone comment a link thing like * Documents/ EA games/ sims 3/ downloads * or something like that so i know EXACTLY where to put it? And also, AFTER that will it automacticly go into my game?? I'm a little bit frustrated.SIMS 3; Mods and custom content help?
Alright, I think you're confused because me and Looky told you to put the mods and packages folders in different places when we answered your last question. so here's what you're going to do:



Way 1: Go to your game folder and create a new folder. name it "Mods". go into that folder, create a new folder and name it "Packages". put your custom content file in the Packages folder. after doing that, put the "Resource.cfg" file in the game folder, too. I've already given you the link to the "Resource.cfg" file in your last question.



Note: After following the instructions mentioned in Way 1, you'll find the custom contents you want installed in the game. for example, the custom content was female hair, go to the "Create a Sim" section of the game and you'll find the hair you want there. so Yes, it will go automatically into your game after that.



If you couldn't find the custom contents installed in your game after following Way 1 then follow Way 2. although I'm sure you will find the custom contents as this works for me.



Way 2: go to My Documents %26gt; Electronic Arts %26gt; The Sims 3 %26gt; Mods %26gt; Packages and put the custom content file there. I tried it and it didn't work for me but it may work for you.



Note: The game folder is the folder where you installed your game. back when you were installing The Sims 3. If you chose automatic installation of the game, then the game folder would be here "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3". but If you chose custom installation of the game, then the game would grant you the choice of the game folder location. The "Automatic" and "Custom" installations were options while you were installing the game, can you remember them?



Note: I think you already know how to install ".Sims3pack" files. if you don't, refer to your last question. if you're still confused, e-mail me as your continuous questions make me feel that I'm an idiot who can't explain how to install a bunch of simple files.SIMS 3; Mods and custom content help?
I'll try to explain in simplest terms.



If you've already downloaded the mods, and extracted them using a program like WINRAR, then right click it. Select properties. Is the type of file a:



PACKAGE file (.package)

- OR -

Sims 3 Custom Content (.sims3pack) file?



If it is a '.package' file, then you will have to create a Mods and Packages folder. So go to:



C:\Users\[YOUR USER HERE]\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3



And create a "Mods" folder. Go in the "Mods" folder, then create a "Packages" folder inside the "Mods" folder. After that, place all the '.package' files inside the "Packages" folder.



If it is a '.sims3pack' file, then simply place it in the "Downloads" folder. It is already there, you do not have to create any folders. After you place them in the "Downloads" folder, go to the Sims 3 Launcher, then go to the "Download" section of the Launcher. Click "Select All" then "Install".

No comments:

Post a Comment