Friday, March 9, 2012

Sims 3 Mods - Having trouble getting downloads to work.?

I followed the instructions for making the mod folder, making that little text file, putting the files into the packages folder and all that, but the mods I've downloaded still aren't working with the game.



Does anyone have a clue what I missed or a step-by-step (that I haven't followed...) that I could try? (I've checked out four different instructions, all of them were the same, and I did what they said...so...cross reference says: It should work! But it doesn't...)







Here's what I've done in more detail:



Created the Mods Folder in the Sims folder (is that supposed to be hiding in documents? because that's where it plopped itself when I installed the game and where a friend of mine goes with hers, and it all works just fine there).

Created the resources.cfg file with



"Priority 500

PackedFile Mods/Packages/*.package

PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*.package

PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*.package

PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*/*.package

PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*/*/.package"



inside of it.



First tried just adding the download files to the mods folder, then also tried making a packages folder and placing all of them there.



This is the process the four sources plus my friend took me through...what did I miss?Sims 3 Mods - Having trouble getting downloads to work.?
Hello,

The process of installing .package mods on the sims 3 can be confusing. A lot of people have different opinions on how to do it properly. However, after looking at my resource.cfg file I notice that you're missing some information there. What you need to do is clear out what you have in it, and put this in:


Priority 501
DirectoryFiles Files/... autoupdate
Priority 1000
PackedFile Overrides/*.package
PackedFile Overrides/*/*.package
PackedFile Overrides/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Overrides/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Overrides/*/*/*/*/*.package
Priority 500
PackedFile Packages/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*/*/*.package
Priority 499
PackedFile Test/*.package
PackedFile Test/*/*.package
PackedFile Test/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Test/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Test/*/*/*/*/*.package
Priority -50
PackedFile Probation/*.package
PackedFile Probation/*/*.package
PackedFile Probation/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Probation/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Probation/*/*/*/*/*.package
Priority 500
PackedFile DCCache/*.dbc

No comments:

Post a Comment