Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Sims 3 mods problem..?

My sims 3 game was crashing, so I went to the support page for sims 3, they told me to reinstall the game. I did, it started working, but then said I had unsupported mods. So I went to my mods, updated all of them, it still said that. I removed them, still said that. I told them that, and they said sims 3 doesn't support third party mods. I don't want to sound dumb, but are third-party mods the mods you download from other sites, because I don't know where else you can get mods. Does this mean all the mods I downloaded from MTS can't work now? Here's the conversation we had:

Hi, my name is EARepAustin. How may I help you?

2320506207: Hello, when I talked to one of the other people on here sometime ago, my game kept crashing, so they told me to uninstall, then re-install. Now its working since I did that, but I can

2320506207: can't*

2320506207: play my game since it says I need to update one of my mods, even though they all are.

2320506207: When I removed all my mods afterwards, the message still popped up.

EARepAustin: could you provide me the error message ?

2320506207: When I start my game, it says this: "It looks like you have installed an unofficial game modification that does not meet your current version of The Sims 3. We recommend you either uninstall these game modifications or get updated versions of them - otherwise you may experience crashes or significant bugs. Do you want to quit?" Then it gives me the option to quit or continue the game.

EARepAustin: okay

EARepAustin: have you installed the generation ?

2320506207: I don't have Generations, but I have the new update.

EARepAustin: Okay

EARepAustin: which expansion do you've?

EARepAustin: along with the base game the sims 33

2320506207: I have Ambitions and Late Night.

EARepAustin: Okay

EARepAustin: It seems that there is some problem with patch installation.

EARepAustin: have you manually uninstalled and reinstalled the game with correct patch ?

2320506207: yes

EARepAustin: have you installed any third party mode ingame ?

2320506207: yes

EARepAustin: I would suggest you to uninstall completely remove the third pary modes from the game.

EARepAustin: and and then see if the game works

EARepAustin: We can not support third party modes.Sims 3 mods problem..?
Yes third party mods are any mods made by people other than the company itself, so anything you download from places like MTS is a third party mod.

It does sound like your game is having an issue with one of the mods, so instead of updating them, take them all out for now, anything you have downloaded and added to your game. Then start your game again and see if it works. If it doesn't, you can go back to the customer service people and ask them for help now you have no mods, if it 'does' work with no mods, it means one (or more) of them is causing a problem.

Now you'll need to find which one(s) are giving you the crash, so add one of them back, try the game again and see if it's ok. Keep doing this until one by one until you find the one that makes it crash, then you wil have your culprit.

As for supporting the mods, EA have never 'supported' them, basically because there are so many they couldn't possibly. This doesn't mean you can't use mods, it just means if stuff breaks, they will always blame mods before they admit it's their fault heh. So if you really have a problem with a game then removing all the mods takes away their get out 'oh it must be a mod, it's not our problem' answer and they have to work out why you broke.Sims 3 mods problem..?
That happened to me too... I had to completely reinstall all of my Sims 3 games after the launcher stopped working, and now because I have AwesomeMod installed I get the same error and option to continue or quit.

It used to let me click continue and go back to playing, but now it won't let me load a neighbourhood.



Maybe EA have had enough of mods?

No comments:

Post a Comment