Friday, March 9, 2012

Can someone Please help me with installing Mods into The Sims 3?

I'm trying to use a website called modthesims.info to download Mods for The Sims 3 PC. I thought I downloaded all of the software I needed to make the Mods work in my game. I have WinRAR and I used it to extract the files into the folder I created Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Mods/Package just like the instructions on the website told me to, but still, when I search for the custom content in the game itself it is no where to be found. Maybe I'm not extracting the files correctly, but I don't see what else I can do. Can anyone Please help me Properly install Mods into my game, find them in the game, and make them work? Are there any other programs I may need in order to make them work correctly? If anyone is familiar with this, please help me out. Thanks =)Can someone Please help me with installing Mods into The Sims 3?
There is a program you can download called TS3 installer helper that will allow you to install mods with just a click.



You have to sign up for this site to download it.



http://adf.ly/1016360/ts3-install-helper-monkeyCan someone Please help me with installing Mods into The Sims 3?
A mod is totally different than custom content. You basically install them in the same way, but they are NOT the same thing. A mod changes your game; it makes it easier/harder to do something, adds/removes a feature in the game, etc. Custom content (at least in the Sims world) includes things like different clothing, hairstyles, wallpaper patterns, etc.



If you have the latest patch or the Pets expansion pack, some custom content will not work. This is mainly things like extra slots on tables and such. If that's what your issue is, that's the problem.



Here is MTS's great tutorial about how to install .package files:

http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?titl鈥?/a>



And this teaches you about custom content, which I suggest you read:

http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?titl鈥?/a>



If you follow the instructions, the items will show up in your game. Just read the CC basics first so you're not trying to download something that won't work (wrong patch, wrong expansion, etc.).

No comments:

Post a Comment