Saturday, March 3, 2012

How do I remove Sims 3 mods?

When I click play the screen goes black then takes me back to my desktop. I've tried changing the resolution of my screen but it didn't work. Someone suggested it could be that I have mods stopping it from loading which I think is the problem as it broke after I installed a mod, how can I remove this mod? Will totally wiping my computer remove it?How do I remove Sims 3 mods?
removal of a mod depends on the type of mod. If it was one that is a .package file that is placed in the mods folder, then it's as simple as deleting a few files.



First of all delete the mod from the mods folder. Then delete the following files from "Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3"



CASPartCache

compositorCache

scriptCache

simCompositorCache



(these are just cache files, they will be recreated when you start the game)



Then start the game, if it was the mod causing the issues the game should load properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment